Thursday, April 23, 2015

End of the Semester Thoughts

The end of the school year is near, which means that summer is almost here! Summer makes me think of baseball games, hotdogs, long days, cool nights, and lots of ice cream. This summer I have the opportunity to live with my sister in Richmond while interning in the marketing and social media department for Virginia Farm Bureau. Even though I still have over a month before I move in with my sister, I’m already planning the summer for us and on my list is attending Flying Squirrels baseball games. I really hope that Paige and I can attend a couple of these with several of our friends in the Richmond area. Some of the baseball games even have live concerts and fireworks before and after the game. Sports are really important to both my sister and I since we were little. Having the opportunity to attend games this summer will be a good distraction from work and a way to hang out with friends outside.


Writing this blog post is making me eager for summer and for exams to be over. Everything comes with time just like the changing of the seasons. I’m going to appreciate the last few weeks of my last spring semester here at Tech before summer starts. Playing cornhole, hiking, and relaxing with friends are how I plan to fill up the rest of my time at Tech this semester.

6 comments:

  1. I am trying to enjoy the last few weeks I have left here at Tech and one of those things that I will definitely miss is going to numerous sports games for free. I love being able to go catch a baseball game after class and meeting up with my friends while I'm there to cheer on the Hokies. Spring is always one of my favorite times of the year to watch sports because of the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my second post on your blog; I don't know what happened to the first one, I am sorry if you get both notifications.

    Your blog post made me think of summer and forget about the rain outside right now. I also want a hotdog and some ice cream. I want these two weeks and the exams to be over and summer to begin as soon as possible. I hope you and your sister attend many many many Flying Squirrels games together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you mentioned that you're looking forward to baseball this summer, ESPECIALLY for the Flying Squirrels games!!! I'm actually from Richmond, and the past 2 summers I've worked at The Diamond for the Squirrels! You'll love it, they're so much fun! I'm going to be working there part time this summer, so if you and your sister want to go on the field for a contest or something let me know! I got the hookups!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This year has really flown by and I'm also ready for the summer and the opportunities that come along with it. Summer sports are some of the best ones, aside from fall sports (football, football, football), but baseball is in midseason form. I'm looking forward to making it out to a few games here and there when time permits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am right with you! I can't believe how time has flown by! Your blog is making me need summer right now! Especially warmer weather.. Its too cold!! Have fun with your sister and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete