Thursday, September 11, 2014

Social Media Project Update

The social media project is in the beginning stages but after today’s class things will be coming together faster and smoother. Dr. Robert Stephens, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Academic Affairs and Monica Kimbrell, Student Recruitment & Career Development Director spoke to us today about the need of a social media plan for the College of Liberal Arts & Human Sciences. I am really excited to work on this with my group throughout the semester.

Social media is a fascinating subject to me and I love learning and finding new strategies to implicate. This past summer I was able to work with social media for my internship. I was able to analyze the different platforms that the athletic department uses to reach their audience and study the other 14 schools in the ACC.

My first assignment for our group project was to evaluate Virginia Tech’s social media and CLAHS. I found very valuable information with looking at their different platforms. Both the school and CLAHS attempt to post to twitter and Facebook each day. The CLAHS has areas that need improvement but Dr. Stephens and Ms. Kimbrell are open to hear our ideas. Another part of my job in the first step of research is to look at two other schools within the state of Virginia and evaluate their social media plan. I think that it is a smart idea to compare Virginia Tech and the CLAHS to two other schools in the state. It will be good to see where Tech is compared to the other schools and see what the other schools are doing that we aren’t doing. I’m really excited about this project and I can’t wait to see our finished plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment